By Nazia Khan-Ahmed
Facebook handles a large number of users including friends and followers very effectively on a personal Facebook profile. By following some effective ideas, you can also get the best out of this simple idea.
It is very important that you create a business page if you want to grow and promote your Facebook page and also your business. On the other hand, if you do not have a business page and just have a personal Facebook profile this will be have ‘followers’. An individual profile can hardly attract a large group of audience. Though it might attract some users like the writers, journalists, artists etc. But on a large scale it would not be considered as beneficial. So, a business page plays a vital role in the growth and promotion of a business.
You can select some of the following options in order to promote your Facebook business page.
SEO These pages are selective and can be found easily in Google searches rather than the personal profiles.
Branding. Every brand has a unique name through which it can be distinguished easily. Having a business page with a unique brand name can have a great impact and can be searched easily by different users. Whereas, a personal profile may not be as unique as the brand name.
Nomenclature. To have more fans is a great sign for any business. Having fans that are more in number than your friends can result in your business growth.
Management. In many cases there is a possibility that you can have multiple pages. These pages can be managed by a specific profile. It would be difficult for you to log in and log out from every page at the same time. So, you can manage multiple pages by using only one profile page.
You can easily access the Insight that is available on Facebook. In this way it would become easier for you to get some important information regarding your followers. Whereas, this cannot be done through profiles.
What are Friends and Followers?
- Facebook profile contains two types of relationships that can be built when a person uses it. One is through Friends and the other is through the followers. To become a friend with someone on Facebook is a simple and easy way. It is considered as a two-way association. This two-way relation can be managed when you view a particular post on your Facebook page and the other person who has become your Facebook friend can also see your posts on their Facebook page. Similarly, when one of the person who is your Facebook friend, click the option of” Unfriend” you will not be able to view the specific posts of that specific person in future. In this way the relationship between you and that person who was once your friend will be broken. This is a typical way in which Facebook works.
- On the other hand, “Following” is considered as an association that is one-sided. It is just similar to the one that is available on Twitter. Following is related to a one-sided relation because when you follow a specific person or a profile, it becomes possible for you to view the specific person’s profile as well as the posts that he makes. These posts will be available on your profile page that you can view. You are able to view all the updates or information that the particular person whenever they update their Facebook page. Apart from this the people you follow will not be able to view the posts that you make. That is why it is known as a one-way relationship.
- In order to be able to view all the information you post on your Facebook profile page, the specific users have to follow you a well. When they start following you, this would enable those users to view all the contents that you post on your Facebook profile page. If you want other users to follow your page, you will have to enable the option of Follow. In this way they can find the option of Follow tab easily.
- This can be easily done by following some simple steps in the settings menu on your Facebook profile page. First of all, go to settings menu. In order to enable the followers, it is important that you log in from your Facebook profile. Now click the triangle shaped drop down that is located in the upper corner on the right. Then Click on the settings. When you click on the setting you will be taken to the settings page. You will find the option of Followers from the sidebar of options that is located on the left side of the page. Next on the top of your page you can find the option of “Who can follow me”. You have to change this option and select the option of “Everybody”. When you select this option, it will enable all the available users to follow your Facebook page. In addition to this, another simple and direct way to follow different people is by linking them through “friend” tab. Whenever you friend any user on Facebook they start to follow you automatically and vice versa.
Use Follows and Friends for Boosting your Business Page
One of the major aspects to be discussed here is that there are several reasons for which you can get on the banned list on Facebook. This can be through exploiting the different followers or your friends that are available on your Facebook profile page. Many marketers nowadays do it in order to get some type of gain.
Many of the users here must be aware of the features of Twitter gray hat marketing. If you are aware of this, then it is possible that you must also be familiar with the follow-unfollow method that is available on Facebook. In this way you have a large number of users or followers who follow you back when you follow them. After some while you unfollow those users so that you are able to keep a reasonable number of users who follow you. There are several ways of doing this. You can even use these tactics on Facebook. Some of the ways are mentioned below.
This is considered as the main step so that different users are able to follow you. These settings can be enabled easily by following the steps mentioned above. It is very important that you have a large number of followers that are present globally. If in case, you are unable to have a large number of global followers then in this case this strategy will not work. It is because if you unfriend any of the user they will not be able to follow you.
Making a brand new friend list
You can add up a large number of users in your friends list. This is a major marketing aspect that is worked by many different organizations. There are basically three potential friend’s lists that you can build up. It can be considered as an addition in the friend’s circle. The three aspects are discussed below.
Close Friends: These are the people whom you add up on your friends list and you desire to see the different types of posts they update on their Facebook page.
Acquaintances: These are the users whom you occasionally want to stay in touch. These are not your regular friends but they have an important place in your friend’s lists.
Restricted: These people are not your close friends. These are just friends on your Facebook friends list. They are only enabled to view the posts that you have made public or the posts in which you tag them.
Here, you can also make up a list on which you can add up different users. This new list can be created in the following way
- Log in from your Facebook profile.
- Click your name which you can find in the top bar to visit your wall.
- Scroll down until you see the friend’s box in the left sidebar. Then Click on More option.
- Click on “Create list” on the following page.
- Name the list and add any friends you want to add to the list.
- Click Create in order to create the list for usage.
Starting to add friends to the list
If you want to add up different people in your friends list, Facebook can provide you with a number of available suggestions. It’s all up to you that either you choose to add people in your friends list whom you know or either by choosing the users from the suggestions that are given by Facebook. In another case, you can also select any of your competitor and then start to add up all the followers that you find on your competitor’s followers list. Thirdly, you also have the option to add up users in your friends list directly.
Here you may note an important point that Facebook has limited the number of users on a Facebook profile. The Facebook authority has limited the total number of friends to 5000. In case they exceed from the restricted number then the EdgeRank would become overrank. This is why Facebook has strictly controls the number of users. It is important that you should try to control the number of added friends on your profile. Otherwise it would result in a strict action by the Facebook authority.
There is also a set limitation of pending requests for a person. The Facebook authority has set this to a maximum of 1000 requests. It might be possible that your friends request may get bounced back due to this fact. You can request that user to clear the space so that your request does not bounce back.
Unfriending people you friended after a while
After a while when you have managed to get more and more followers and users on your Facebook profile page. Now it is up to you to either unfriend some of the users from the list. You must keep in mind that you should not unfriend the followers at once. Otherwise this would create some negative effects.
It is also important that you must manage your Facebook page. You should keep your friends list limited. It should not exceed the restricted number of followers. When you unfriend a specific follower you cannot see what they post but on the other hand, they can still be updated and view which information your post on your Facebook profile.
Another way of doing it is by first making different users your friends. In this way you will have a mutual follow relationship. After some time, you can unfriend those specific users. In this way you will not have to maintain a two sided relationship with those users. Many users will probably not get to know that you have unfriend them. Later on if in any circumstances they check your posts then they will get to know that you have unfriend them.
It is very much recommended that you opt for volume instead of a large number of followers. In this way you will be able to manage your page and the total number of followers effectively.
Repeating steps 3 and 4
You have the option to repeat the previously mentioned steps once you reach a suitable level. You will easily get a large number of followers if there is a group of 20-30. It is recommended that you do not send too many requests in a short span. This will tend to irritate the users. It is important that you follow a moderate level so that your Facebook page gets public more effectively.
When you get to the point of having good enough followers on your Facebook list it will become essential that you should plan regarding different things. These can include the planning of promotional ideas, ways to reach out people effectively. These are some essential ways in order to promote your Facebook page effectively.
About the Author
Nazia Khan- Ahmed is a Social Media Writer who has majored in Textile Designing. Also Holds Bachelor’s degree in Education and English Language Certification. Finds it impossible to discuss herself in third person but is doing so as per the demands of this bio. She is a home-maker and teaches Textile Designing to degree classes at the same time. Being nocturnal has taught her to manage her work in the night and her home at day time.