by Nazia Khan-Ahmed
There are a number of business owners and social managers who are not aware of the facility of business manager on Facebook. This can result in a drawback of businesses. The main features of business manager include effective management, administration and security.
Apart from this there are also some business personnel who are aware of the business manager but they have a misconception that this tool is particularly meant for large businesses because it is intended to facilitate large teams and administration of infinite pages on Facebook under one brand heading. This does not indicate that only large companies can make use of it.
It can be beneficial for numerous people and businesses. Following is an introduction for those people who have newly joined Facebook business manager or intend to use it in future:
Reasons for Using Business Manager
- Focus, is the most persuasive aspect to use business manager. When you use the Facebook standard page management tools, you are naturally using your personal Facebook account.
- In this scenario, you can access your Insight, ad manager. In addition to this you can also receive the notifications, messages and all other things. You may find it disturbing. It is a fact that business manager is a complete, appropriate set of interface. It includes all your business assets, excluding all the disruption. In addition to this if you want to use both the applications simultaneously, and then in this case you can find it worthwhile.
- The second most useful attribute is Organization. With the help of business manager you can control your business pages including arranging of ads that are within ad set and ad campaign. In accordance with your business, you can promote your brand and to promote the particular brand you can create individual pages and in those pages contain the actual asset.
- If you administer the pages of numerous clients, then you can add them all under business manager account in order to control them from one place. It will keep you away from the hassle logging in and logging out of different pages.
- To keep an eagle eye view on your brand assets is considered to be the third main feature. Through this, you can control and see your pages, ads, team members, different roles assigned to whom, and all other things at a glimpse.
A Business Manager Account should be established
Once you are influenced to use the business manager, you need to go to their page and then create an account. Now enter your business name and then your first and last name and then finally your business email address. This information is all you need to enter. You can easily create your account within 30 seconds with this incredible simple process to get the job done.
Assert Existing Business Assets
- To start up with the business manager, click on “Claim Assets” which is located at the left column of the page. After that a sub-menu will appear including assets types, like page, ad account and app.
- Then Click on the applicable one at a time and go through the claim wizard to add your business pages, ad accounts, applications, product catalogs and other brand resources to the business manager. Here you will have to be certain to only claim the pages and assets that are owned by your business.
- Otherwise, if for instance you claim a customer’s page then they will not be able to claim it because only you have already possessed it. If in another case, you have the authority to manage their page then you should request them to allow you to access with your own account after setting up the business manager.
- When claiming ad accounts you should give special attention to it because it is possible to remove pages from business manager whereas, it is not possible to remove ad accounts. So it can be devastating to maintain a client’s account.
- Further you can also add the Instagram accounts to business manager. In order to claim an Instagram account, you can locate it under the business setting menu. You can simply add it as you add any other account like Facebook and administer it the same way as you would administer a page.
Generate New Business Assets
You can create numerous pages as you desire including the franchise page, secondary page for your brand or another ad account. This can be done through a simple procedure. Click on “add new” menu, you can find it above the “claim assets” menu. On your screen, types of assets that you can add to your business manager will appear. This consists of people, pages, ad accounts, product catalogs and payment methods.
If you need to include any assets you can create them here, otherwise you can ignore this option. Now, business manager will do a quick arrangement of the asset in question and then you will be taken to the standard wizard for example, page creation. Here you can fill up the required details. Apart from other complicated procedures, it is considered as the simple, quick and suitable method of creating a page or assets.
Demand Access to Existing Assets
You may have guessed, but the “request access” entry below “claim accounts” is where you go to do this. One thing to mention, though, is that Facebook will only let you have a handful of pending access requests at a time. If you’re trying to request access to too many assets at once, you’ll be unable to make more requests. I don’t know what number specifically is the cap, and most small brands won’t run into it, but it exists.
At this point, you have everything set up in one central location. How do you manage each asset individually?
You cannot access to existing assets on business manager if you are a social media management company or are working with other ad accounts or Facebook pages that are not owned by you. In order to get access as editor to those pages you must request the manager of those pages.
The first step of this process is to place business manager for your clients or be certain that they have set it up before. Some of the clients may already have it whereas others may not. You may start it as an upgrade to your system and be sure that they have the access of admin level as required.
As soon as they get started on the business manager you should then access the page by yourself including ad accounts or other resources that you want to manage. A request would be sent on their account which can be approved either by them or by you with the help of business manager.
With the help of “request access” that is located below the “claim accounts” you can have an access. Here it is important to mention that you can have access to only a few pending request at a time that is allowed by Facebook.
In another case, if you intend to request access to several assets at a time then you will not be able to make more requests. Here the exact number is not known. Now you will have everything setup in a single location.
How to Manage Assets
You will see “ads manager”, “power editor” and “business settings” on the left hand sidebar. The “ads manager” and “power editor” are easy to follow. Through this you can access the ads system by selecting ads manager or through the power editor
“Business Settings” consists of a list of numerous types of assets that you can access and manage when they are added to your account.
You can see a list of all the individual pages that you can manage through The Page option. This can be done if you are the owner of the page or have been granted access to them.
From here, you have the control different features. For example, you can view your page history, add people to the page, remove page access, allocate the roles to people who are assigned to manage the page and click link to the page.
After you click on the link to the page, you will be taken to the page manager remaining within the business manager. It will not have an effect whether you own the page or not, you will have limited options. Here you can see the usual metrics and tools, make posts, see messages, view insights, boost posts, change tabs and every other thing.
The ad accounts option is useless if you only have one ad account. To open up, you can simple click the ads manager or power editor option. Here you can create different ad accounts by clicking on the options. On this page you can also get more information regarding your ad account.
Now you can click on each ad account in opting ads manager or power editor. You can now make changes as you desire, for example view or edit the payment methods, team management option of adding people, allocating roles and viewing history. You also have the option of de activating the ad account if you do not require them further.
In order to view any of the apps you created or claimed you can use the Apps option. With the help of this option, you can see the IDs, manage the members of the team and finally edit the apps directly as you require.
To have an access to a range of Facebook pixels that you have created for your sites you can use the Pixel option. You can see each pixel by name, ownership, activity status, last time on which data was received and the team management features.
The product catalogue option is as clear as its name. The product catalogs can be added and managed in this section whenever you use product catalogs for Facebook ads.
Assigning People and Adding Partners
As discussed above, you will note that two terms have been used that are “add people” and “assign partner”. You can differentiate both as follow:
“Add people” denotes the way of giving access to an individual to explicit business assets. For example, if you administer a page and someone in your team manages the ads you would like to add that particular person to “add people”. Bu doing this, you can limit their access so that they do not have access to see every activity on your page including apps, pixels or any related activity.
You can decide to add the person either as an admin or as employee. The administrators have total control to view the business manager setting for example, they can change them, manage employees, and all the other things. The employees can only access the business manager but are not permitted to make changes, manage other employees or manage assets. They can only be allocated to particular assets and then assigned a page or role.
In addition to this, you have the control of assigning the access which can be done with the help of checklist that is provided on your screen. From this checklist, you can select the option for which you can add them to. Further, you will not require performing this process again and again for every time you add an individual.
The process of “Assign partner” is almost similar to the above process having only one exception that is adding up a business page rather than a personal account. For example, if you give a contract to other company to manage the ad account except a team member, you will have to add them as a manager for your ad account and other assets.
Here again, you have the authority to give them the required access as you want. They will emerge when a business manager requests access to an asset. You require the business manager ID whenever you add a partner. This can be only acquired directly from them. You can allocate them to whichever asset you want as you manage people.
The project system is considered to be a managerial feature of business manager. Here you can create a number of projects through which you can allocate different resources to the projects including the business page, its ad account, business related Instagram account and many others. In this way you are able to control the business including all the resources. If a business has its assets organized, then it would surely result in getting new projects.
When you have allocated the resources to your team and assigned their roles now it’s time for you to get the benefits out of the business manager and explore its different features. The business manager has infinite features, all of them cannot be explained in one go. The above features are just some of them for beginners.
It’s a great world to explore.
About the Author
Nazia Khan- Ahmed is a Social Media Writer who has majored in Textile Designing. Also Holds Bachelor’s degree in Education and English Language Certification. Finds it impossible to discuss herself in third person but is doing so as per the demands of this bio. She is a home-maker and teaches Textile Designing to degree classes at the same time. Being nocturnal has taught her to manage her work in the night and her home at day time.